THE LATEST INFORMATION ON THE ZIKA VIRUS AND OTHER MOSQUITO INFECTIONS FROM THE CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL IS NOW AVAILABLE FROM SEVERAL SOURCES:
ALSO.....PLEASE REFER TO THE CDC FACT SHEETS THAT NOW APPEAR ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE HOME PAGE
The Spring Lake Improvement District maintains and operates a Mosquito Control Program within areas of the District, and fees are collected on the water bills. Village One pays $1.62 per month, and all other Villages $1.31 per month. We provide the following services:
- Larvicide control of all storm drains within the District by using special chemical pellets.
- Grassy swales and ditches are chemically sprayed for Mosquito larvae.
- A truck specially equipped with "Micro Gen" equipment generates a fog of spray that drifts across the roads and properties that the truck travels through. The fog kills adult mosquito's on contact, or within a short period of time. The spray that is emitted is not harmful to humans or animals; only mosquitoes.
- The District sprays for Mosquitoes up to 30 minutes prior to dusk, when they are most active.
- Pursuant to state law there can be no set schedule for mosquito spraying due to the chemicals used; it is a complaint driven service. Call the District office at 655-1715 to request mosquito spraying for your area, or complete a work order on our Request Services Page.